Oh no nothing like that...what I mean by subfoolders is that the forums will no longer be in the root of the website. Right now the phpbb's index.php is at the root level of the hosting account. I'm going to move it to a forums subdirectory so I can have a more dynamic and potentially useful homepage.

I intend to create a root level page that uses the phpbb's rss feed to highlight certain things...its still going to be driven by the forums, and the forums will continue to be the main reason to visit the site. But I'm goign to try and make a more welcoming homepage.

Imagine a featured map or some other featured something or other on the homepage that's pulled straight from the forums...A panel that shows and links to the last 5 posts, most popular posts, etc. All accessible on the homepage.

As for spammers...I looked at a few of the mods yesterday...Confusabot for example. But I don't think that would buy me anything, because after checking my bandwidth I don't think I'm being abused by bots or automated systems...yet.