Greetings fellow map lovers!

To be honest, there's a chance I've introduced myself a long time ago, but I'm not sure. The forum looks familiar, but I dont remember if I ever actually joined or not.

I'm a craftsman and artist, and though I haven't created my own original map since I was in my teens playing D&D, I enjoy replicating fantasy maps in my medium.
It all started 5 years ago when I wondered what a "Primitive map of Middle Earth" would look like, so I decided to make myself one. At the time I was a primitive skills instructor, and also tanned buckskin for a living.

I use pyrography and burn the maps onto traditional, brain-tanned, buckskin (an ancient, luxuriously soft, hand made leather). The burning shrivels the skin and makes the map 3-dimensional.
After it's burned, I sometimes paint the map, using natural earth pigments and primitive tools (bone, wood, feather). Sometimes I even go an extra step and use the fluid from deer eyes as a base for the paint.

These days, I do all sorts of images (not just maps), but maps remain my favorites. I've done Middle-earth, Westeros, Thror's Map, Skyrim, Codex Alera, Avatar, and more. I'm actually doing a map of Azeroth at the moment.
I do all my work live on twitch. In case anyone wants to join me: www.twitch.tv/cavegeekart

You can find videos and pictures of my work here:

Instagram: @cavegeekart
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cavegeekart
Youtube: www.youtube.com/cavegeekart

Here are a few pictures of my favorites:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Middle Earth Hanging.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	361.1 KB 
ID:	97792 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skyrim.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	4.72 MB 
ID:	97793 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thror Fancy small.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	97789 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Princess Bride Map small with logo.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	97790 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Westeros.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	5.62 MB 
ID:	97791