Thread: Office of Magic Regulation

Default Office of Magic Regulation

Imagined an office in the 20s, hot climate, a setting where magic exists and a government which wants to crack down on magic through means which are borderline fascistic.

Which leads to an office like this one, bureaucracy at its glory. I am a bit bored of action and fire fights, I appreciate more the looks into everyday life when it comes to fantasy over the action filled moments.

Could fit cthulhu games maybe.
    Happy with the circles in the architectural design, makes it a bit more exotic and different.
    I planed 3 sub levels as well which might never become a reality, basement with archive, forgotten ancient crypt and sewer level partly connected to the crypt above. All this would allow a third alternative way inside the office. The other being through the ground floor and the last through the roof maybe.

The floor A3 might be hard to understand what it is meant for, please come with alternative suggestions if you have any.
    It was meant to be a floor where many people look through newspapers from all around the nation and beyond for noteworthy events that must be of magic origin, which would then help the government track hot spots on a map for potential magic users or monsters and thus be a step ahead.
    The other sections speak a bit for themselves. Middle at ground floor is a waiting room with offices used for things such as interviewing people.

The legend logic is it starts with the entrance and then goes clockwise. Offices are named A, A2, A3 by how status filled they are, lower the quality of the room as a work space the higher the number.

Office of Magic Regulation

No furniture
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	office of magic no furniture.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	6.97 MB 
ID:	97980

With furniture
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	office of magic regulation3.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	6.99 MB 
ID:	97979
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 07-27-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Excellent maps, with beautiful colours

The warmth of that orange and green theme is just delightful

Thank you Mouse, and thank you for the help during the making.

You are always the glow of this forum.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

And you are always saying the nicest (but the least deserved) of things

Great map, wonderful design, good colors.

Photoshop might be slowing down if you have to many layers, If you are happy with how it is looking, try flattening some of the layers.

My only complaint is that while you did this at a nice high resolution, the size is way to small to be useful for printing at battlemap size or on a VTT system.
    The map would need to be at least twice as large for VTT and 3 to 4 times larger to print at 1 inch = 5 feet size. Most of the time I make my maps at 100dpi 1 in = 5 ft, though sometimes I will do even higher resolution.