Thread: Xiongnu Confederacy

Default Xiongnu Confederacy

The Xiongnu or Hsiung-nu were a confederation of tribes that resided in the mongol steppe from the 3rd century BCE- 1st Century CE. Their presence and raiding lead the Han Dynasty to begin construction of what is now known as "The Great Wall of China". They are hypothesized to be the Proto-Huns that later ravaged Rome and the European continent; though this is heavily debated. What is known is their capability to subdue many of their neighbours and constant harassment of northern Han cities.

For more information visit Wikipedia.

I tried to use as many varying sources on their territorial size however nearly all sources differed due to either nationalistic bias from the side of Mongolians, Chinese, and Russians; or simply because they were inaccurate.

Their intricate burial mounds are still being excavated to this day and reveal the vast wealth and power of the confederation. Some kurgan mounds are nearly 60 meters deep and measure up to half a square kilometer in circumference.

These are a uniquely fantastic people and they intrigue me greatly; hence the map

Enjoy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xiongnu.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	9.41 MB 
ID:	97986

They were seriously into digging, then!

That's another beautifully precise map and some very lovely colours. I particularly like the border pattern

EDIT: unfortunately, because we have to give reputation to 10 other people before repping the same person again, I can't rep you right at this moment!
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-27-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Thank you for the kind words!
    And it's alright I'm not 100% sure how to work the points system either way so it doesn't bother me

I was just about to give you a link to the FAQ about the reputation points system, but I checked it and discovered its very slightly out of date and might confuse you just a bit. (It mentions a scales symbol, whereas we have a star symbol)

To give reputation to someone for a really great map, or an extremely useful help comment (not this one because I'm just spouting information at you rather than being inventively creative or anything special like that), just click the little white star symbol at the bottom of their post. This brings up a little box, in which you can add a comment if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I was just about to give you a link to the FAQ about the reputation points system, but I checked it and discovered its very slightly out of date and might confuse you just a bit. (It mentions a scales symbol, whereas we have a star symbol)

To give reputation to someone for a really great map, or an extremely useful help comment (not this one because I'm just spouting information at you rather than being inventively creative or anything special like that), just click the little white star symbol at the bottom of their post. This brings up a little box, in which you can add a comment if you wish
    Awesome! Thanks for the explanation, I'll definitely be spreading the points around now there are so many talented people on this forum it makes me slightly jealous of their abilities haha

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What a geographer's job! The format of the map is really impressive! And the effect is even more striking with this beautiful border!

Another very nice work! You put a great amount of details in your maps, no doubt about it.