Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: January Challenge: Create a Map for Print!

Sounds good, but that I will not participate.
    I will keep an eye. ^.^
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

just wondering, but what would be the smallest size that I could use that has equal values? (3x3, 10x10, 5910x5910, 0x0, etc)
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

4x3 (or 3x4, depending on orientation).

I believe that equates to both 36x48 and the smaller 18x24.

However, if you go too small, your going to need to bump-up the ppi, otherwise it will print like crap.

Blog Entries

Gamerprinter, any chance you could post something about the range of colors that your able to use with your printers. We know that RGB to CMYK has a limited palette or gamut. So which colors do you find that cause problems. I thought that it was generally really strong greens, deep mauve's and stuff like that but I don't have any actual experience of it but you must have lots. Would it help if we put the ultra black on a separate layer or do you find normal black prints ok. These kind of tech printing issues.

There's a few missing maps on the thumbnails page (two missing).
    I think it could be due to some misspelt challenge titles (not fitting exactly with the "Month: Title" format).

Could a friendly community leader tidy the offending titles up?
    Last edited by Valarian; 01-20-2009 at 07:32 AM.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Blog Entries

No its just me being tardy. I try to keep on top of it but its usually a few days out of date so new entries are a bit late getting in there. Its now up to date afaik so PM me if you think otherwise at any time. I have been busy on the MeDem map.

@ GP - lets just say I lose this competition...I know not likely , but lets just say I do: How much would a 36x24 map cost printed, packaged and shipped to me (Cleveland). I ask because in the future I was thinking of having this done. While you’re at it, can you give me the price of other sizes as well? Do you laminate? Thanks.

Post GP's prices

Hey Bohunk!

I charge $2.99 per square foot for full color large format printing, this means a 24 x 36 costs $17.94 to print, add $3.60 to laminate, and roughly $10 to ship, includes box, shipped USPS or UPS, your choice.

On other sizes, just round up to the nearest inch on any dimension, multiply the height times the width, divide by 144 and take that sum to multiply by $2.99 to get your final price on anything...

That's only if you lose of course!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Not bad, thanks GP!

Post Wow, I just realized...

@ Redrobes: my new Canon printer can print anything you can come up with - I can print 32bit color, I have 12 different color carts on my printer - through Photoshop, whatever kind of file I can open I can print (printer colors are Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Photo Cyan, Photo Magenta, Grey, Photo Grey, Red, Blue, Green, and medium black - whatever that is) - it can print an exotic and complex color pallette if you got one!

Wow, I just realized with almost 300 map objects to create for ProFantasy, the closest I'll get to participate in a Mapping Challenge until March is printing the winning map for this month!

So good luck to whoever wins, so I can at least print your map! I am looking forward, as the time is getting closer to voting. Good luck!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-23-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast