Well what do you know - one I can actually particiapte in (and may be able to finish).

One of my earliest PS maps - and the only one that is not derivitive - was made at a really bad resolution (so low I don't think they even invented a number for it LOL). It was also pretty amateurish - although I was proud of it at the time - and I've always wanted to 're-visit' it.

This gives me the perfect excuse, and gets me away from cartographic 'writer's block' I'm having with the world map.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
@Bryguy - How about a map of a place in your favorite book? I think even if its based off of a map in the book as long as you give credit to the original artist you should be OK.

** Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this **
Becasuse I mostly do Forgotten Realms maps, I am VERY familiar with this problem.

NO... you cannot use someone else's IP (Intellectual Property) for any commercial endeavor without seeking their express permission first. Derivations do not fall under 'fair useage'.

I get away with doing what I do because I do not except any money for it... even when offerred. I cannot legally except payment for a map containing IP belonging to WotC/Hasbro (except from Hasbro... but that will never happen).