Thread: Designing a Modern Highrise Office Floorplan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
    They're showing up now.

Floorplans look pretty good to me! My only concern is the placement of the kitchen in the restaurant level...Kitchens for restaurants are usually outfitted with quite a bit more wiring and plumbing, which would require that back kitchen wall to be a bit more "centralized" I think. That of course depends on whats above and below the restaurant level and how much space is between floors...something to think about at least...I'm not saying the placement is impossible or bad...it just kinda jumped out at me.
    According to the source book, the restaurant was originally designed to be on the penthouse level, but there is no reason it couldn't be elsewhere. One reason I bracketed that section with the utility room and janitor closet on every level was to provide a plausible alternate vertical path for plumbing and wiring trunks to the building "spine" behind the elevators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
    The office level looks good...I assume the office levels are going to be basically clones of this particular level, at least in wall structure. If thats the case, you may need some support columns in the middle where the cubicles are, because all those floors from multiple office levels will get heavy in the middle. I may be wrong here too though...I've never seen a high-rise skeleton before.
    Good idea. I've added twelve 1 foot square hollow steel pillars with rounded corners; six on the outer frame (in corners and halfway down the right and left sides) and six internal approximately 24 feet from the building edges and each other. You may note that I've shifted the restaurant booths a bit so that the pillars are in the center of each triad. I made similar adjustments to the seating area around the entry level fountain to put them through the back of the benches. (See below and my previous post.) I'm thinking of adding carpeting to the office and restaurant levels (but not the security office; tile makes it easier to mop up the blood :wink: ) so do you know of some good carpet .png textures that are the appropriate style and colour for each?

EDIT: Replaced attachment at the request of the publisher and authors of the "Modern Floorplans: Average High-Rise Building" which I based my plans on. See below for the reduced resolution versions of my modifications to all three levels that they suggested.

EDIT 2: See first post in thread.

--

Dalton "who's almost ready to create some brand new levels" Spence
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highrise_459.jpg 
Views:	3009 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	274