Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Margravate of Greifshold

The color came out very nice.
    I already thought it was brilliant as a sketch and then inked.
    You did a fantastic job on this. the color choices are very nice, very harmonious.
    Excellent work Dagger. I look forward to seeing what you'll do next.

Edit - I must spread rep before I can rep you again, i seems.
    But, I will return.

Edit edit - repped
    Last edited by J.Edward; 08-04-2017 at 01:41 PM.

This is an awesome map and I definitely love the mushroom man. I especially appreciate how long it must have taken to color all those trees so many different colors.

One suggestion: the border background color is the same as the water, so that threw me off a bit.

Thank you all for the encouraging words. This is very motivating and I think next up will be a map similar in style depicting a graveyard deep inside the forest.

@GreatWhiteNorth: The background colour of the frame is a tad darker than the water, but it is close to it in value. Given it is very easy to do I may add some more color variations, such as green, red and purple. At the time being I just found the blue to look good with the gold leaf effect. That said, I can see how it throws one off, so I'll definitely will add some variations at a later stage.

Wow, I really like this map! It seems similar in style to the old colored Harn Map found on Columbia's website, albeit with less saturated colors! I love it!

Thank you! It seems I really need to look for the old Harn materials. It is the third time someone mentions those.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Dear all,

I was pretty busy with my day job, but I did finalise a guide to the Margravate, filling the map with background information about the world, its myths, cities and sites. It also features some adventure hooks.

I wrote the guide in-character to add flavour and allow to use it as an in-game item for your players. I hope it will be of interest to GM's

Greifshold - The land and its myths

The grand city of Greifshold
    Last edited by DaggerAndBrush; 10-25-2017 at 12:09 PM.

DaggerAndBrush, this is a marvelous piece. The many varied and fanciful symbol illustrations are captivating. As many have already remarked the colors are quite lovely as well. The medieval style lends this piece a certain verisimilitude. A very fine piece indeed.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

This is just gorgeous. That's really all I can say about it without totally going "squeeee, me want!"

Thank you both arsheesh and Wired, much obliged. If I finally clear some time and don't have as much to at work, I will tackle the graveyard encounter map.
    Last edited by DaggerAndBrush; 10-26-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Now part three, the last section of the guide, is available for you on my blog.

As you can already see, the little graveyard on the map will be the site for the next encounter map. You find an early WIP below:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12