Thread: Skyrealms of Jorune maps with scale

Default Skyrealms of Jorune maps with scale

Well, I can choose crappy constrast of yellow on brown with the buttons for reading formatting and inclusion options reduced to black on brown, on darker brown. Or I can choose the mobile formatting which i can read, but am not allow to post a map in.

Sigh.

I'll post a map for post #3 (Five before I'm real.) It is a tweak on a map by Miles Teves for SKYREALMS OF JORUNE role playing game, which can be found on Facebook through Return2Jorune, or it's own domain at http://skyrealmsoforune.com. I found a hint fo for scale on an early release map and applied it to the world. It puts the world in perspective, so to speak, and might be a bit off. Definitely off out of the equatorial regions becuse it appears to be based on the Mercator distortion.

But for a world with no scale, it's a move up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jorune Measure reference Grid.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	98023

Name:	Jorune_world_map outline 2017.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	98024

Name:	Measure of Burdoth.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	98025

Name:	auklin.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	797.5 KB 
ID:	98028

Just thought I'd add another Jorune map for the city of Auklin, on the western shores of Lake Dah-ah-dey, home of the finest thike/gladiator schools with the ocassional black market death match. Not in town, of course - that would be crude.

But it has some samples of my basic philosophies of fantasymap making with very modern conceits. It's also several years old. Like - 20 years old.

Discuss No Scale

I found a hint fo for scale on an early release map and applied it to the world. It puts the world in perspective, so to speak, and might be a bit off. Definitely off out of the equatorial regions becuse it appears to be based on the Mercator distortion.

But for a world with no scale, it's a move up.

Great job on the map.
    I had not given thought to the Mercator nature of the map until you mentioned it. I always liked the Goode projection (the orange peely one) in my world maps.
    The "canon" maps give the world map width of between 6000 and 8600 miles Still i wonder what you assume for the circumference, because you have placed Zannir on this side of the globe.

Where did you get the font? it's great.
    Thanks, cheers