Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: January Entry: Dead and Still Standing

Wip

Hi all

Following the changes I made yesterday I have now completed the three buildings on the right of the courtyard. These are the autorepair shop, the deli (added fridges and boxes to the storeroom) and the adult bookshop.

Now I know one or two of you have a thing for spotting details so I will say that the magazine covers are based of real images. If you are anyone else thinks this is too much I will happily change them (although I don't think you can pick out any details which are too compromising).

I've also added the roofs of the two building (one to the top of the map and the other to the right of the map) which are not going to be interior mapped.

Finally, I have started work on the warehouse/aid station. I have had the main warehouse area converted into sleeping quarters, with boxes hastily pushed to the edges of the room and in the case of the two main doors used to create some crude defenses should the risers break through. A single forklift is also in the room.

My next moves are to finish off the rest of the interior of the warehouse and then I can work on the courtyard and road defenses.

Hope you all like.

John

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_150109.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	981.3 KB 
ID:	9294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_150109a.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	596.8 KB 
ID:	9295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_150109b.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	9296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_150109c.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	9297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_150109d.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	9298  

Last edited by ukgpublishing; 01-15-2009 at 04:37 PM.

uh... the Latest WIP is VERY very tiny....
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    uh... the Latest WIP is VERY very tiny....
    Yup, spotted that along with a layer problem in the book shop, so I have now fixed.

Thanks

John
    Last edited by ukgpublishing; 01-15-2009 at 04:41 PM.

Two questions:

• Are there no other doors into the warehouse? The functionality of it seems odd, but I admit to not visiting that many warehouses.
    • Why is there blood on the floor of the adult bookstore? No, don't answer that.

Everything is coming together swimmingly! I will ask a favor. When the contest is over can you post a version without the blood? This would be great for a Superhero encounter as well I think.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Two questions:

• Are there no other doors into the warehouse? The functionality of it seems odd, but I admit to not visiting that many warehouses.
    • Why is there blood on the floor of the adult bookstore? No, don't answer that.

Everything is coming together swimmingly! I will ask a favor. When the contest is over can you post a version without the blood? This would be great for a Superhero encounter as well I think.
    If you look at the full map there is actually a door into it on the south side.

Anyhow, this is very well done, I can't find anything else that needs fixing (other than the computer and the breadbasket... but like you said those are placeholders).

Yes, I saw the door in the south side. Notice that it leads into another building.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Yes, I saw the door in the south side. Notice that it leads into another building.
    Yes, that's normal for warehouses. The employee entrance is through the "office area". Generally this is because the office area is where the staff lockers and punch in area are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    If you look at the full map there is actually a door into it on the south side.

Anyhow, this is very well done, I can't find anything else that needs fixing (other than the computer and the breadbasket... but like you said those are placeholders).
    The bread basket has been changed, its got real rolls in it now

As you said the warehouse has the two large loading doors and a the smaller staff entrance to the south, which leads to the toilets, locker area, canteen and offices (next on the list to attack).

To be honest the warehouse is very small, but that was a limiting factor of the size of the map, I would normally work on something about 4 times as large for a purpose such as this.

John

Two questions:

Hehe, there will be a great deal more blood and gore, but the blood that is currently in was part of the carpet and tile textures. I will make most of the zombie related material into another layer, so I can post a none blood version when the challenge is done.

Thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by ukgpublishing View Post
    Hehe, there will be a great deal more blood and gore, but the blood that is currently in was part of the carpet and tile textures. I will make most of the zombie related material into another layer, so I can post a none blood version when the challenge is done.

Thanks

John
    Great! Thank you!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast