Thread: January Entry: Dead and Still Standing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

Hi Everyone and thanks for the welcome and advice.

Here's the latest state of play.

Following reading some of the comments I have rounded off the corners on the pavement and also flipped and rotated some of the yellow line to break up the uniform pattern (the yellow lines are just a textured fill in yellow). I've also removed half of the drains (I got carried away ) I also added the concrete for the warehouse (requisitioned for use as an aid station 12 hours into the rising) loading yard.

With that sort I then started on the floor textures for the buildings. I always like to build these things literally from the ground up. I have used a variety of textures here ranging from carpet for the offices in the warehouse, and adult book shop (small brown carpeted building), clean white tiles for the local deli, dirty concrete for the mechanics shop, cleaner concrete for the warehouse with dirty white and black tiles for the canteen and toilets.

Finally, I have added the walls to the map. These are currently simple black wall (I find nothing says wall better than a thick black line ) but I may replace this with a wall texture.

The whole is brought together in the final thumbnail without gridlines.

Now to do the intro bit in the other forum lol.

More later.

John

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tidy_up.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1,020.3 KB 
ID:	9010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buildings.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	9011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walls.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	9012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_080109.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	9013