Thread: Looking for unanoted physical/climate maps for RPG Campaign

Default Looking for unanoted physical/climate maps for RPG Campaign

Hello cartographers. I'm going to be running a sort of 'west marches' style RPG campaign online and have been looking for a regional area map that the players can explore. In the past i've generally been able to find usable maps with a bit of googling but I really want to go for something a bit different with this setting and instead of running the standard temperate psuedo-european fantasy-land I want to go for something more like the western US, with a nice variety of climates like arid badlands, cactus deserts, grassy plains, mesas, canyons, plateaus, snow-capped mountains and vast forests. Problem is my image search results tend to show me sahara/arabia like desert maps or maps of the actual united states. I've had a go trying to get something together with hexographer myself but it doesnt seem to get along well with me. So I was hoping that the kind hearts here might know of some suitable maps that are available for use and point me in their direction?

This map needs to comfortably represent an area maybe 300 miles a side, this might mean the biome distributions are a little more like video game open worlds than realistic ones but that's fine. There should be as little text as possible so that players can come up with their own names for places where appropriate. And im not too fussed about the style so long as its pleasing to look at and easy to distinguish between the types of terrain and physical features. I would also definitely like it to have a coast on atleast one side. A pretty archipelago would be nice as well but totally optional.

Thanks for any helps, it's very appreciated.

Blog Entries

something like this?
    "Yosemite National Park"

http://www.gifex.com/fullsize-en/200...ed-States.html

or the Canyon
    https://www.grandcanyontrust.org/sit...r2017_blog.jpg
    or the badlands
    https://sites.google.com/a/jeffcosch...s-maps/Capture

once you setle on an area then a Topographic / shaded relief can be found
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

You are looking for a real world map or one of a fantasy world?

Hi Zilarrezko,

It looks like you're cooking a fine sandbox for your players. If you're looking to hire someone for the job, you can go take a look at my maps here and if you like what you see, do not hesitate to shoot a mail at this address : thomrey@hotmail.com

Cheers.

Thomas