Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little World of LohreFen

Map Little World of LohreFen

A few months back I started into a series of maps that I came to call Little Worlds, as the planets would be somewhat small.
    I liked the idea of a more compact planet, as so many often head toward earth-sized worlds or even massive epic scale worlds.

The first one I started was Grey World, which was based on a map by my friend Chashio.
    That thread is here.

The world of LohreFen began as a quick oblique sketch done initially for the bookmark project here on the Guild.
    It then sat languishing for a while on my harddrive before reviving as this Little World.

The map shows current regions and active cities along with many ancient or lost cities of the earlier pre-Ahranic civilization of the A'Na'Har people, of which little is known.
    It is known that they were advanced and that their civilization stretched from Anor in the North down beyond the Medesh in the South.
    It is not known what became of the great A'Na'Hari Empire. There are legends and mythic tales.

One legend tells of a great people who left the world in spheres of light.
    The nomads of the Pelgranod claim to be descendants of the people who once served the great A'Na'Hri of the western regions.
    They tell tales of the Light Walkers who strode LohreFen with the late A'Na'Hri and eventually took them beyond.

I realized after it was all done that I probably should have created a little compass and legend, but alas, I did not.
    Anyways, here's the map. Enjoy. I will be doing more Little Worlds and completing Grey World too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lohrefen by sirinkman2.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	98719

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's a truly special point of view, but you master it to perfection!
    One of the strangest but also the most attractive aspects are these mountains on the horizon ... At the same time a nice vanishing point and at the same time the indicator of a little disturbing scale, either of the mountains or of the planet ... Small worlds, as you call them so well ....
    in any case, the map is very beautiful ... what gives us obviously want to see it in color?

Love it I always like maps with realistic feel and globe shape.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Ah man, that's too cool! Makes me want to try my hand at one...

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It's a truly special point of view, but you master it to perfection!
    One of the strangest but also the most attractive aspects are these mountains on the horizon ... At the same time a nice vanishing point and at the same time the indicator of a little disturbing scale, either of the mountains or of the planet ... Small worlds, as you call them so well ....
    in any case, the map is very beautiful ... what gives us obviously want to see it in color?
    Thanks JO
    They are BIG mountains... or it really is a little world...
    Or... they are just representative Who can say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativetides View Post
    Love it I always like maps with realistic feel and globe shape.
    Thank you CT
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Ah man, that's too cool! Makes me want to try my hand at one...
    You totally should. I would love to see what you'd do.
    Oh and this is a border inspired by Alturax's map border [go check it out]
    I still want to try a more tapestry looking one, but this was my first go at the style and patterning of one.

Cool, the Grey World is a great idea and with your abilities it will surely turn out to be amaizing.
    This one is perfect, but i must say i wish you could also drew forests.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Beautiful

Begging for a deeper story - a novel perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Cool, the Grey World is a great idea and with your abilities it will surely turn out to be amaizing.
    This one is perfect, but i must say i wish you could also drew forests.
    Thanks Voolf
    I am a bit further along with Grey World. I should do an update soon.
    As for forests, I did contemplate it but felt it would be too busy visually for this style.
    I think Grey World will have them though. At the least like the Thurian Age map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Beautiful

Begging for a deeper story - a novel perhaps?
    Thank you Mouse
    I have been trying to get a longer story out.
    Every time though I get led into totally new story lines.
    I have so many currently running. It's overwhelming.

But, I do hope to get something a bit longer out.
    I did a present for Chashio for this Christmas passed that is kind of cool.
    Is not quite like a normal story. Really it's just a longer back story with illustrations.
    But, it is interesting. Maybe I will find a format to share that sometime.

I'm a strong believer in the fact that story is all about the characters. If you took the characters out of GoT, for example, what actually happens in terms of world events would fit in one short story.

What I see in your map is the potential for a whole cast of characters to be leading all their various different lives, with all their various different dreams and adventures, sometimes interacting, sometimes not - just like GoT

Not even GoT would be much without the maps, though (IMHO), and with maps like yours any novel based on Lohre-Fen would be totally absorbing.
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-22-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Wow...another beauty (what did i expect ^^). Love it.

You know, i'd like to see this map in a classical version/perspective.

Also, will there be a color version of this? I'm just asking because..well...it would be cool to have one () ...but on a more serious note because you often do both b/w and color.

Oh and good to hear there will be more "little worlds", looking forward to it (and to the grey world as well).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast