Thread: Introduction - John Diffley & Nights of Qualara, Inc.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post Introduction - John Diffley & Nights of Qualara, Inc.

I just want to say hi to all the fantastic artists here. I am a member of the board for Nights of Qualara, Inc. and we're always looking for good fantasy maps, especially RPG maps that can suit our publishing needs, such as dungeons, interiors of buildings (Norse Mead Halls, Taverns, Homes, Businesses, Castles, etc...). We just became sponsors of this great site and would love to work with any artist(s) who would like to see their work published, and receive either an up front payment for a commercial usage license or a percentage of residual royalties. If interested, ask us for our Writers Agreement, along with your State or country, and we can email you a copy, showing how you would be paid.

We are on FB at www.facebook.com/NightsofQualara Twitter: @NightsofQualara, Web: www.nightsofqualara.com Patreon: Nights of Qualara

To get a better idea of who/what Nights of Qualara is:

The Nights of Qualara (NoQ) project is a Role Playing Game (RPG) setting with a rules system agnostic paradigm. The goal of NoQ is to bring together various campaigns into a shared living universe. This allows one campaign to be enriched by the details of another. As Game Masters (GMs) and Players take part in a campaign, their actions change the face of the Qualara Universe and become part of the lore that is NoQ. We want to create an inclusive universe for creative people to share their creative content and possibly publish that content to the world, regardless of what RPG rules are used.

With Nights of Qualara, we have created an active process that will help generate lore to incorporate into the living universe continuing to detail and expand out the universe. This process, know to us as The Cycle of Lore, is a cyclic feedback process that allows for internal and external submissions of content to become canon in the universe. The output of this process is the recorded canon that may become game publications, such as maps, adventure modules, gaming accessories, etc.

The concept of NoQ began with the idea of running a multi-store campaign world where GMs from different stores would play campaigns or some series of adventures and the GM would summarize the sessions to be entered into the lore. This lore would then be published out to all other GMs to let them know what has occurred and to incorporate the events into their campaigns as they saw fit. However, quickly after we pitched the idea to those we wanted to involve, the true potential immediately became apparent. The first expansion came when everyone asked what system we were using. The next quick expansion of the concept was following the question I received from a friend that was interested in NoQ and he asked if he had to run his campaign at a store or could he do it from his house as part of his home campaign. We realized that it did not matter what rule system we were using, nor did it matter where the campaign was being played. With these two thoughts, the concept exploded into a series of events that ended with us creating the NoQ Universe.

Our audience for NoQ is virtually limitless with a game rule neutral and location neutral universe. However, our idea did not stop there. We did not feel we would be fully inclusive unless we allowed for some GMs to contribute their personal creations without the cycle of lore feedback loop interrupting long running home campaigns. Further still, we would not be able to claim true neutrality until we allowed other genre RPGs to join in our universe. To answer both of these, we have introduced our concept of Timelines. Homebrew campaigns take place at a specific time in the past and become historical and alternate genre campaigns can be placed at future points of time.

The culmination of these ideas has created the encapsulation of our universe that we would like to share with the world.

We hope to work with as many of you as would like to work with us. Thank you all for your time!

John J Diffley
    Lead Game Master
    Head of GM Campaign Development
    Nights of Qualara, Inc.
    Adventure Writer
    Web: www.nightsofqualara.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/NightsofQualara
    Twitter: @NightsofQualara
    Patreon: Nights of Qualara

Hi John and welcome to the guild.

RPG enthusiasts are welcome here as there are a lot of us enjoying good session as well as creating maps for those kind of games

If you would like to commission someone for a certain map head to the Mapmaking requests section. There is a lot of people interested in taking commission.

Cheers
    Rafal
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Hi John and welcome to the guild.

RPG enthusiasts are welcome here as there are a lot of us enjoying good session as well as creating maps for those kind of games

If you would like to commission someone for a certain map head to the Mapmaking requests section. There is a lot of people interested in taking commission.

Cheers
    Rafal
    Thanks again for the heads-up!

John J Diffley
    Lead Game Master
    Head of GM Campaign Development
    Nights of Qualara, Inc.
    Adventure Writer
    Web: www.nightsofqualara.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/NightsofQualara
    Twitter: @NightsofQualara
    Patreon: Nights of Qualara