Thread: Rivendale

Map Rivendale

Rivendale is my first try at cartography, and I had a lot of fun trying to make just a basic map. Any tips you could give would be really appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rivendale.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	98757

Nice first map.
    The thing that jumps out at me most are the paths. They are so bold and thick that they distract from the rest of the map a bit. If it was a thinner dashed line I think it might fit in better.
    Along those lines the text is also very bold, maybe you could make it a bit smaller or thinner.
    The only other thing I would say is that in some places the forest is a bit like a repeating pattern in some places, some variation in the brushes might help that.

Nice job, keep it up!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I agree with everything Josiah suggests, but I'd still like to say that its an excellent first map. Well done

Ah okay I had the feeling that I could do something different with the trails.

As far as better brushes go I just purchased the Fantasy Cartography pack from gumroad, and I'm already seeing improvement.

Thanks so much!

That sounds interesting.

Maybe it would be good to start a WIP thread in the Regional/World Mapping sub-forum to show us the further developments on your map?