Thread: Seeking talented map-maker for single-continent map.

Post Seeking talented map-maker for single-continent map.

Hello,

My partner author and I are seeking a map to represent the primary continent of a created world. We would like to do a map in a style similar to Daelin's Central Alemnia, though with a slightly more Roman aesthetic (we do have a font in mind).

We do have a rough amateur draft version of our map. Very amateur. But it's been through several drafts so we're sure of it. It is extremely amateurish, so I'd prefer to wait to link it to prospective artists. Our ideal size would be a map designed for an 18x24 poster, with the possibility of a smaller version for better display on a standard computer screen (the continent is vertically oriented, overall). Some details of the map are fixed, but there is also significant room for artist improvisation.

We would like reproduction rights, with the artist initially retaining the copyright, and no sales for profit for either party at this point in time. We would like to establish a rate at which to purchase the full copyright in the future, if our current plans change. Our starting idea of payment for this commission is $300 USD, and we have some negotiation room to go up, especially for the right artist.

If you are interested, please PM me so that we can get in touch, go over different details and review our current draft, etc.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Hello!
    I just send you a PM!

Just sent you a PM!

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Hello, I'm also interested.
    I've sent you a PM!

Thank you for all the replies. We're going over them now.

Again, thank you for the replies. We have found our map-maker. We may contact some of you in the future for alternative, smaller projects.