Thread: Aug/Sept 17 Lite Challenge: Gold digger village

Default Aug/Sept 17 Lite Challenge: Gold digger village

Here is my first contribution to a challenge ever.
    The plan is, to create a little, remote gold digger village which can only be reached by train (once a week) or by a single road. It is located in a desert, at the foot of a mountain range. It has a lake with a river emerging from it and a gold mine. However, the most gold can be found in the river. That's why there are tents aside of it.
    The center of the village is a market place surrounded by taller buildings and the station. The mansions of the wealthy people, who first discovered gold in that area, are located in the north-east, the shanties of the workers are located near the tents by the rivers.

I outlined the little village by hand and I hope it will turn out well in the end...

Nikky

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	98932

Drawn in pen on paper?

That's very bold. I like your style

You're off to a good start! Welcome to the challenge!

Yes, it is Pen and Paper.
    But I will transfer this into GIMP (although I do not have much experience with it, but with a little bit of 'challenge pressure' and tutorials I hope it will work out )
    My first little project

Here is my latest WIP...
    I am not sure, if I can finish it on time, but I do hope so

My little village is called Anawak and it located somewhere on the North American continent. People settled there because of the gold that was found. The gold is in a mine and can aswell be found in the river.

I drew the map by hand, allthough the plan was to do it in GIMP. But I had never done something in GIMP before and it did not work out the way I wanted it, so here is may unfinished map of a village. I am not satisfied with the outcome but I will try my best to finish it on time. (I apologize for the quality of the scan, because you can see the pen much better than the pencil parts)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img002.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	99257