Thread: Interactive Map software

Default Interactive Map software

Good day everyone who's reading this.

I am looking for an easy to use software that will help me set out trip logs and point of interest. similar to that of https://quartermaester.info/

Currently I am making the trip logs on my map using photoshop and saving each image as the trip progresses, then taking those images and making a video of them. Every time the "traveler" reaches his POI in the video, it pauses for a few seconds, and a message displays the event taking place at the POI. like a story board on a map. the problem with this method is that it takes a large amount of time and patience and was hoping that there was an easier way of doing this.

It would be very nice to have something that has a slider which works on a timeline, or perhaps a video that runs like an animation showing the trip movement.

I don't mind learning something that uses code, as long as it doesn't take too much learning it, then i rather stick to my current method.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Most mapping apps are concerned with spatial arrangements rather than temporal. Very few maps have time adjustment built into them. I know it has been done with a few special cases but its not going to be a common feature. Google maps street view for example were going to have a slider for San Francisco and New York where you could set the date and the street view would have had photos from that era but I am not sure that I have ever seen the results of that.

I made up this map:
    http://hawkandowl-shapwick.org/AvalonMarshesMap/Map.htm

And if you zoom up you can click on the photos. But its not quite the same thing. Also I had to program that using leaflet so its not a simple solution for you. Maybe there are interfaces that will build one of these for you tho.