• Yes

27 75.00%
  • No

9 25.00%

Thread: Create a map with a tutorial on how it was made

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like the idea

And maybe the voting could be on how good the tutorial is and how good the final product is?
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    I like the idea

And maybe the voting could be on how good the tutorial is and how good the final product is?
    That was the thought! Hopefully, we get quite a few entries and some tutorials with new mapping styles as an end result. The only thing is that given that you need a "final" map to start from, unless one is going to redo an existing map(or is super fast at mapping), I would expect many of the entrants to come in later on in the month.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Excellent idea!

This is an excellent idea, JFj! And worthy of the next challenge if the poll gets more votes. I hope it goes through, I like the idea very much.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Yeah, like it. But it might put some people off having to write a lot of stuff about making the map. Still, I expect that the good maps and good (or at least detailed / clever) tuts would go hand in hand.