Thread: Anyone play Sengoku? Formerly known as Bushido.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Haven't done any roleplaying in ages, I just enjoy creating stuff for it. I think an RPG like Sengoku would be interesting to try and I would think easy enough to add monsters and other such things.
    There actually are "monsters" and spells in Sengoku, but they are "traditional Japanese" monsters and spells.

We started work on a second edition of Sengoku, but we wanted to use an updated version of the Action! System since that is GRG's RPG system and we felt it would allow us to do a lot more with the second edition of Sengoku including adding in more fantasy elements for those that wanted them. Unfortunately through a chain of events Mark, the owner of GRG, had to put the development on hiatus and my work on the 2ed of of A!S came to a halt as well because of that. We tried outsourcing it, but it was just too expensive and RPG sales have been on a down turn for several years now so you can imagine the minimal amount of sales that would come in from such a niche product line.
    Last edited by RPMiller; 01-14-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.