Thread: Tips for a beginner: how to make a good political map

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Question Tips for a beginner: how to make a good political map

good day everyone, i am new about computer made maps and i would like to ask you what program should i use for a political map, a world map actually, i mean i have searched in the net but all i found where tips and programs for phisical maps...
    Maybe there are post or informations elsewhere in the forum that i haven't seen about that but if you would be so kind to help me i would be grateful.
    thanks you all

There is a whole sub forum with tutorials here so I suggest browsing through there and looking for tutorial that fits the style of map you are aiming for. That should give you an idea on where to get started and what different types of software can do.

It depends what your budget is and what you are looking for as to what is the best software. GIMP is the best general purpose, free option but if you are looking for something more map making specific there are a lot of options out there.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    There is a whole sub forum with tutorials here so I suggest browsing through there and looking for tutorial that fits the style of map you are aiming for. That should give you an idea on where to get started and what different types of software can do.

It depends what your budget is and what you are looking for as to what is the best software. GIMP is the best general purpose, free option but if you are looking for something more map making specific there are a lot of options out there.
    thank you,
    i will take a look on that subforum for what i was looking for.