Thread: Ukiyo-e Map Objects - take two!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Ukiyo-e Map Objects - take two!

This should please, Ravs, if no one else. Something I started almost a year ago and never completed, but now I'm going at it again, starting from scratch.

In an effort to create a series of map objects that can be used for Japanese style RPG game maps - Sengoku, Legend of the Five Rings, Oriental Adventures and the several other Japanese historical/mythical based systems. I am emulating the wood-print block or Ukiyo-e style of landscape art, especially from the Ukiyo-e masters: Hokusai and Hiroshige.

My plan is to create 20 or so mountains, then hills, then trees, bridges, town symbols, boats/ships, Shiro castles, pagoda temples, temples at Nara, Masoleums like the Tokugawa temple, ports and piers, merchant/craft structures and occupation settings - and basically whatever else I can find or think up. I will create a map using these objects at the end of the series.

The first two objects are a color filled and non-color filled mountain objects - the same one. I actually viewed a winter landscape scene with a mountain similiar to this - which is why I chose to offer a non-color filled version. Also one could color fill to their needs with that one also.

Ukiyo-e styled mountains 1 and 2, enjoy!

(These are transparent PNG files about 540 pixels wide at 100 ppi)

GP

PS: if you think I should make them larger, I can do that.

PPS: and Ravs, I know, about damn time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain001.png 
Views:	655 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	9078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain002.png 
Views:	532 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	9079  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations