Thread: Ukiyo-e Map Objects - take two!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Buddhist Temple

Since I created a Shinto Torii gate, its only fair that I post a Buddhist Temple - though I plan to make a couple more, including a five tier pagoda temple. This is a typical large Buddhist Temple.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddhist1.png 
Views:	382 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	9273  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post One last thought for tonight...

One last thought before I go to bed. I was thinking about Nomadic's request for smaller scale objects/illustrations. I wondered what would be the use of people if teeny tiny on a map for purpose and not for decoration.

Havn't done anything on this yet, but just a thought. I could create several people-type objects "moving" in the cardinal directions and the four in between, so eight versions of each people object set.

As a way to differentiate a walking path, to a farm road, to a highway. Rather than working by line color, dashes or width, I'll make all roadways the same, but place "people" objects to differentiate them...

1. A group of five walking for walking paths.

2. A farmer or merchant wagon with horses and driver for rural roads.

3. A small band of samurai on horseback for highways and major roads.

I'll get as detailed as possible, but these will be tiny objects.

Cool idea, I thought!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    A small band of samurai on horseback for highways and major roads.
    Should be seven of them
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Profantasy Annuals...

So I've contacted Profantasy about the possible inclusion of this map object set into their Annuals subscription - they are very interested. However, I would need to sell them full artistic rights, so they could be used for derivative works.

Does anyone (Jaerdaph, or others who might know) have an idea how much this should be? I don't want to scare them off, but I don't want to undersell them. I will still retain rights so I can distribute them myself, for other apps, then just Profantasy and sell from my website directly.

If you have clue (because I don't), send me a PM, please.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store