Thread: Small Village Town - commission for DMs Guild

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Derek Von Zarovich's Avatar

Map Small Village Town - commission for DMs Guild

Hello my carto friends, these pieces were created for "The Hunt" adventure by Tony Petrecca, which went live on DMs Guild around 10-15 days ago.

These are a series of maps of a region in the adventure. A small village is the start of the adventure. This is a small village showing promise to grow into a village, due to being placed on a well travelled road. The first illustration is the village proper, and the second one shows the interior of the 6 buildings, Then I also showed the regional map and the druidˇ's hut north of the village.

I'd love to receive feedback from you my friends. This was a very interesting project to work in. I love to create maps that are related to one another, mapping related areas really feels like a chunk of world was created.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111 Village houses Vertical-L.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	992.5 KB 
ID:	99352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 9.44.51 AM.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	99351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98 Acorns Vale-L.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	791.4 KB 
ID:	99353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 9.47.10 AM.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	99354  
    I'm the owner of www.elventower.com, I spend my time writing DM tips and guides for my website and drawing all kinds of maps to share them online.

I also crowdsource my work here www.patreon.com/elventower

I like seeing related maps too as it sort of lets you explore them more a viewer.

I think they look great but then I'm a big fan of autumnal colour palettes.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Agreed on the color palette. The 4th map with the green area inside a circle looked like a magnified area to me for a moment. I'm still not sure what it's supposed to represent.

That's a tiny nitpick though.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardloveall View Post
    Agreed on the color palette. The 4th map with the green area inside a circle looked like a magnified area to me for a moment. I'm still not sure what it's supposed to represent.

A druid lives in that hut, with magic the land in his garden is magically kept outside of the seasonal changes. So it's like it's always summer or spring in this garden, like a greenhouse.
    I'm the owner of www.elventower.com, I spend my time writing DM tips and guides for my website and drawing all kinds of maps to share them online.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardloveall View Post

A druid lives in that hut, with magic the land in his garden is magically kept outside of the seasonal changes. So it's like it's always summer or spring in this garden, like a greenhouse.

Ah that's very cool! I'm sure in context it would not be confusing. Thanks!