Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: some shaded relief scribbles...

Grumph... I've done more of the north part, but something is wrong with it and does not look as good as the first part. I think I've done the base lines in a different way. I've messed up a bit things for stitching parts together...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th sr.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	322.0 KB 
ID:	100201

Anyway, I'm probably restart it over and gave it a proper WIP.

I can't see the 'wrong' you are looking at, Ilanthar. It all looks perfectly good to me.

But I agree - a nice WIP thread of its own would be great

Guild Expert

It looks to me like you just got a little heavy handed up there at the top, the line work on the bottom section looks a little more broken and delicate and the lines seem ever so slightly thinner. Also I noticed that the underneath shading where the ground is just slightly darker under the relief looks more blurred in the bottom section... Maybe blur the under shading just a touch in the top section, and turn down the opacity just a bit on the line work up there too might help balance it out a little? You're texture could also be playing a role in this, I've had similar issues where certain areas seem darker but found by moving the texture around that it was just the background effecting the change in appearance. But in all honesty it's hardly noticeable the only reason it jumped out at me is because I was looking for it. I think the map looks great, I only wish I could make something as nice as this.

Is it just me or does the whole thing look like some sort of sadly expressioned bear with big lips trying to catch a tempuri prawn?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123