Thread: Commissioned work WIP Laelith

Guild Novice

Wip Commissioned work WIP Laelith

Hi everyone. It's a while I didn't post here. That's because I'm working on a huge project for a French RPG publisher. The city of Laelith, a "mystic city" designed for all medfan RPG.
    you an see the project at
    http://www.black-book-editions.fr/cr...p?news_id=1231
    (in French only... sorry...)

The city of Laelith was first published in 1986 by Casus Belli (a well know RPG French magazine). Then 30 years later Laelith is coming back!
    Like Ptolus, a ton of descriptions, settings, and a lot of stuff with maps will come end 2017... So long but at last the project is worthy! I would like to get an English translation later!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAEL_PP_Pic_7_Carte_Patrick_v1.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	89956
    a sample of the WIP map.

Ha, that's pretty cool! I have the Casus Belli paper map and thought to do my own version more than once... So, looking with interest.
    And very good start from what I can see .

Guild Novice

Hi! that's great you've got the previous Casus Belli's map... Entirely drawn by hand...

By Patrick57301
    Hi! that's great you've got the previous Casus Belli's map... Entirely drawn by hand...
    Well, I have a lot of the old casus (from the 67 to the last one). And the maps like Laelith are partly the reason why I'm addicted to map making .

Guild Novice

Great! I'm the cartographer of the first map of Laelith 1986! (and the next one showing the Provinces around the Lake.)

Guild Novice

Now the new release of Laelith, by Black Book editions will come soon (a French RPG Publisher, so the books should be only available in French)
    As part of the publication the new map I drawn from the old one (1987) will show the city in 1058.
    It was a great challenge to conceive the map with a realistic landscape design will using modern softwares such as the Affinity series (Photo and Designer). It was the first use to them in a wide scale: great tools!
    above, a part of the map: I can't publish here the whole work for copyright reasons.
    I guess the books will be published by the end of the year.

And now I'm currently working on another projects: Elysean, and other RPG setting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	part of Laelith 1058.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	99571