Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help with CC3

I use CC3 and GIMP together these days, Kier.

The examples I showed above are purely CC3 maps made before I ever discovered GIMP. Here is what you can do when you use the two apps in combination:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scribble Rock - CC3 with GIMP 07.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	8.47 MB 
ID:	99478

The buildings trees and flowering bushes are all only possible in CC3, whereas it is far easier to do the soft shading on the cliffs and in the ocean with GIMP. There is a scattering of Bogies Mapping Objects around the map (boats, pier, umbrellas, benches etc) which were added in CC3.

There are only 2 flowering bush symbols in this map. Its just the colour of the flowers that varies - only something you can do in CC3 using varicolour symbols. The textures I used in GIMP to make the background are a mixture of CC3 textures (the ocean), those contained in Bogie's Mapping Objects (the sand, gravel and cliffs), and some of my own making in Genetica (mainly the grass, the rocks and the weed). The compass rose is a CC3 symbol, one from the Herwin Wielink style. I also drew the scale bar in CC3, which is easier to use when creating geometric shapes and fine straight lines. All the text is CC3 as well.

Important thing to remember...

All graphic apps are merely tools. Its what you do with them that's important
    Last edited by Mouse; 09-23-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think software choice is a very personal thing. Even as you don't like CC3, I don't like PS, but that's more to do with the price rip-off than anything else. I would probably love it... if it didn't cost more per month than running a small car. So I use GIMP instead of PS, but not instead of CC3
    Totally agree about the insane price. I'm still on Photoshop CS6, no way would I be able to a afford a more recent copy. I think that's the best advice - no one application is good at everything so it's sensible to learn and understand how different packages can achieve different things.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I use CC3 and GIMP together these days, Kier.

The examples I showed above are purely CC3 maps made before I ever discovered GIMP. Here is what you can do when you use the two apps in combination:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scribble Rock - CC3 with GIMP 07.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	8.47 MB 
ID:	99478

The buildings trees and flowering bushes are all only possible in CC3, whereas it is far easier to do the soft shading on the cliffs and in the ocean with GIMP. There is a scattering of Bogies Mapping Objects around the map (boats, pier, umbrellas, benches etc) which were added in CC3.

There are only 2 flowering bush symbols in this map. Its just the colour of the flowers that varies - only something you can do in CC3 using varicolour symbols. The textures I used in GIMP to make the background are a mixture of CC3 textures (the ocean), those contained in Bogie's Mapping Objects (the sand, gravel and cliffs), and some of my own making in Genetica (mainly the grass, the rocks and the weed). The compass rose is a CC3 symbol, one from the Herwin Wielink style. I also drew the scale bar in CC3, which is easier to use when creating geometric shapes and fine straight lines. All the text is CC3 as well.

Important thing to remember...

All graphic apps are merely tools. Its what you do with them that's important
    Thats awesome. Beautiful even. Well done. The water is breathtaking. I will keep plugging away at it.

THanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12