Thread: Callie's Thicket - A forest region

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This looks awesome
    If I have to suggest something, it's the background on the place-pyramids. When zoomed in, you can see squares of black pixel. If you're looking for something to clean up I'd start there.
    Another thing, the trees could use a little more detail. Right now they're a more or less equal noise filter. Try taking a dark green brush set to low opacity, and add some more detail and shading to the trees. Pick a direction and shade - you've already drawn the individual trees, so shading wouldn't be out of place. Right now it's a noise filter with the burn tool applies, but more green couldn't hurt. I don't think you should shade where you've already burned. It'd probably just look oversaturated and/or black.

Anyway, don't think I'm tearing down your map though. I love it, but I have this art/story critique mode I go into.
    I love the parchment background and the fonts. The placenames are awesome. It sounds like either the start of an adventure, or someplace that gets razed to the ground in a first chapter so that only one young boy or girl accidentally survives.
    I also really like the wave-like things in the water.
    I can't rep you (I think) but if I can rate your thread I will.

Edit: Correction, I can rep. Dont mind me.
    Last edited by Rahva; 01-11-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Correction