Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello!

My name irs Erik and I live in Wasilla Alaska, but will be moving to Washington soon. I love mapping and love RPG's so expect me to be around for a long time.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Kurita View Post
    My name irs Erik and I live in Wasilla Alaska, but will be moving to Washington soon. I love mapping and love RPG's so expect me to be around for a long time.

Erik
    After searching the site for a while I really like the work done in GIMP. Seems perfect for a low budget start.

Hello and welcome, Kurita

Make yourself at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hello and welcome, Kurita

Make yourself at home.
    Thank you!

After looking at software options GIMP seems to be a good financial option.

Guild Member

Welcome

Welcome to the Guild! GIMP is indeed a very good option is you want to make digital maps, since it's free. Many people around here use it to make maps. There's lots of tutorials for GIMP in the tutorial section. If you want learn, just look around there for a while and see what works for you. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing your work!

Sorry Kurita, your second post was invisible to me last night when I said hello.

I use a mixture of apps to map with, and can vouch for GIMP, though it can be a little tricky to learn compared to some of the paid for software. You just need to ask if you can't work out how to get it to do something.

The best place for asking questions is in the How Do I forum

If you would like to see some tutorials, there are loads of excellent examples here in the Tutorials/How to... forum
    Last edited by Mouse; 09-10-2017 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    If you would like to see some tutorials, there are loads of excellent examples here in the Tutorials/How to... forum
    I would certainly recommend starting by running through the excellent tutorials available on this site, they are a really great way to get started.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

I second that. GIMP is a great option, the learning curve is there, but with patience it will quickly become second nature. I do all my maps and brushes in GIMP.

I do, however, want to make something abundently clear. SAVE OFTEN. As much as I love GIMP, it can sometimes start crashing. But, it is just a phase, so bare with it and keep to the amount of layers your PC is comfortable with. It is really a nice program for mapmaking.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast