Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Section 3 - Bugbear Bugaboo

Guild Artisan

The walls are great! The floor too. I think the only thing I could suggest on the floor is as someone else mentioned dirtying up a little bit. Elevations shadows etc. Sometimes the floors never come fully into place until the maps done.

But I really like where its going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Sometimes the floors never come fully into place until the maps done.
    Yeah, on a lot of my maps I add the floor effects & lighting in photoshop at the very end.

Wow, everyone. Thank you so much for the AMAZING comments. Truly, I'm humbled that you all took the time to give a comment or two.

It's funny that you all mentioned the ground. I was just thinking about that tonight, "Hmmm... that ground needs... SOMETHING!" Yes, some 'roughing up' is certainly in order, I do believe. I also agree with the comments about the ground not really being THE ground until the end. I have every intention of filling the rooms with the props mentioned in the room descriptions. That being said, too much "rough" on the ground might end up competing with the stars of the show that appear upon that ground. So, we shall see. Rest assured, however, what you've seen so far is not the finish product.

Speaking of what you've seen so far...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG_Lite_17SepOct-WIP3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	99945

Some bits and pieces added here: doors, extreme secret passage makeover (including a "mechanism" that opens the secret door (REALLY, it does!)), and some guides for the staircases that are coming up next. Oh! There's also some preliminary height shading going on, but that won't be finalized until after the stairs are done, at least. Same comment rules as before: none, but they are all greatly appreciated.

It's coming together quite nicely Mixerbach! I am curious... you have a strange wall effect? Dias, stage? I'm not quite sure what it is...up in the top left corner, going into that room that turns a corner from west to south. What is that? OH! I almost forgot, I like the way you did your doors!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    It's coming together quite nicely Mixerbach! I am curious... you have a strange wall effect? Dias, stage? I'm not quite sure what it is...up in the top left corner, going into that room that turns a corner from west to south. What is that?
    I'm guessing that is the secret door that is at that location.

I'm completely digging the way you did the doors. Looks awesome! I'm just imagining being in the dungeon, and those doors look so incredibly thick and heavy!

There is a good chance that I will steal this idea for a future project. It's looking great!

Also, I'm sure you've noticed it by now, but just in case... you've got some lines from your stairs protruding underneath your wall layer. And it looks like your floor layer got shifted or something in that very center room between the stairs... there's a nice little grey spot on that southern wall.

-IG
    Last edited by industrygothica; 10-09-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback you've given me throughout this project. I'm sorry that I haven't had time to respond to everyone. I assure you that I did see your comment, read it, and, more than likely, reread it. It never ceases to amaze me what a supportive, honest, and friendly group is here at the CG. Thank you all for being awesome! :-D

Yaaaaay! Stairs! ...and... yup, that's about it. Oh! I replaced the doors on the two rooms in the Southernmost hallway (bottom of the map), to reflect the "iron door with bar and padlock" that is mentioned in the text. The old ones were just plain ol' wood, like the rest of the doors. But that's really about it. It's been REALLY busy. I'm hoping to get one more WIP in before midnight, but just in case I throw in the towel before that, I wanted at least a complete floorplan posted for my entry. And my floorplan wasn't complete without STAIRS! :-D

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG_Lite_17SepOct-WIP4.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	100125

Its looking great, MB

The only thing I might suggest at this very late stage, since you say you might do another WIP, is a title of some kind, maybe?

I like the hi-tech doorways, and the stairs are just right

Thanks, Mouse! Always very helpful and complimentary! :-D
    Yes, a title would be nice, wouldn't it? Hopefully I can get that in!!

Great work!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast