Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Section 3 - Bugbear Bugaboo

Map Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Section 3 - Bugbear Bugaboo

Hello all! It is my pleasure to be one of two cartographers set with the responsibility- nay- honor of mapping the portion of this cave system that a cadre of bugbears call their home. I have had some progress, early on, but lately find myself bogged down with details. You might say I've been...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mired in Minusia.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	99715
    A phrase that I still think makes for a rather catchy band name! Well, an alliterative one, at the very least.

BLAST! Just noticed my Mired In Minutia logo up there has a typo! Oh well. Jokes don't get "redo's" in this cartographers shop. At least, not until this cartographer has something to show for his challenge entry.

Speaking of having something to show for my challenge entry, I have at least completed the rough layout of the cave area where my bugbears will be hanging out, snacking, napping, torturing wayward adventurers, tormenting slaves, and whatever else bugbears do for fun. Quilting?

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CG_Lite_17SepOct-WIP1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	99716

Nice start, Mixerbach! I'm assuming you'll have it looking all dark and mysterious soon! I can't wait to see it!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Off to a good start. I noticed the typo on the first post and thought it was on purpose. Mixing Minutia with Music to get Minusia.

[Looking supremely confused for a moment, then wide-eyed shocked, and then...]

Ah... AH-HA!! I should have known you, Bogie, you of all people would have seen my so very subtle, and completely deliberate, misspelling of "minutia" for what it really was!
    music + minutia = MINUSIA!!
    heh... heh... what on Earth was I thinking? [weak smile]

Oops, apologies to you, ladiestorm. I forgot to thank you for taking a moment to take a look. So... thank you!
    Rest assured, darkness there shall be! So much darkness, you'd better bring a flashlight the next time you stop by! LOL
    Last edited by mixerbach; 10-02-2017 at 09:00 PM.

And a new word is born and shall soon be inducted into the Oxford dictionary!

First of all, overdue LOL's belong to Mr Bogues for his retort, you witty, witty scoundrel!

Secondly, it's WIP time. Try not to be underwhelmed by how little progress I've made and I will do the same.
    I will say that the appearance of such little progress was mainly due to the fact that what is shown here is not the first attempt. I decided I needed walls that were cave-like and rock-hewn but had a natural look and conformed to the strict, grid layout of the floor plan. No, this was not my first try and not even my second. I believe I was on attempt number 5 or 6 when I happened tried what you see below.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CG_Lite_17SepOct-WIP2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	99892

I'm still not 100% happy with it, but I decided that being about 80% happy would have to do. Otherwise, I forfeited any hope of finishing this map on time.

As usual, your thoughts, suggestions, comments, criticisms, consolations, congratulations, condolences and commendations are all appreciated.

I think your walls are fabulous. Personally, I'm not feeling the floor though. But again, that's a purely personal opinion. But the walls are gold.

-IG

I agree with IG. Love the walls. How did you do that?
    I don't mind the floors either. Maybe just dirty them up or roughen them up a bit.

They're unique. I've never seen anyone do walls like that before.

It takes a bit of something extra to create something new, so don't be so hard on yourself.

The map looks great

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast