Thread: Anglesea - Regional Map

Wip Anglesea - Regional Map

Hi Folks,

Thought I'd best post something. Starting work on a sequel/prequel scenario to, Bedlam in Blackcliffe for the publisher I mentioned in a previous post. So I thought, just for practice, as much as to give me a good idea of the lay of the land so to speak, I'd do a regional map of Anglesea. I'm basing the country on the far north of Australia, a mix of the the Northern Territory and Far North Queensland, This way the environment will play a part and PC's won't be able to get around in full plate armour! The climate of these regions is tropical along the coast with 2 seasons, wet and dry. The wet season is our spring/summer, the dry autumn/winter. As you move inland the climate becomes semi-arid, desert with blistering summer heat and cool, yet moderate, winters.

Anyhow, here's my WIP.

As I'm not particularly good with regional maps (I think I'm far better with old-school style dungeon maps) any critique, advice etc is always welcome. I've spent about 2 hours on it so far in PS CS4. A4 size, 300 ppi. All line work done with a 6px hard round brush.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anglesea_region.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	300.7 KB 
ID:	99776

Edit: The red is just a preliminary sketch on a separate layer to the line work and will obviously be deleted/hidden at a later stage
    Last edited by damonjynx; 10-04-2017 at 06:05 AM.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps