Thread: Fantasy Continent

Map Fantasy Continent

I've been working on an island continent for a fantasy world, and drew a quick map of it during a lecture this week. I've especially focused on drawing the forests with smaller trees than I use to. I'm quite pleased with the result. Though the coastlines are pretty much all off by quite a bit.

Critique is more than welcome.

https://i.imgur.com/9NF0jFw.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9NF0jFw.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	700.2 KB 
ID:	99621  

Its a reasonably good start, Trumman

One thing to remember (and I know its too late for this particular map, since I think you have inked it all in), is that when you are drawing a continent sized map there is the basic shape, which you already have, and then there are lots of much smaller little details, like coves and headlands to draw in - before you get to the inking stage. Even though only the largest rivers appear on a continent scale map (I mean rivers like the Amazon), they could also do with a bit more wiggly detail before the inking stage.

It is, as I have already said, a good start though

You really have a lot of dedication - I can see it in all those hundreds of hand drawn trees!!!

Hi Trumman.

The trees look great and are very "Tolkeinesque". Really reminds me of Mirkwood from the map in The Hobbit. Great work

I hope the hand cramps weren't too bad!...LOL

Nice work.

PaGaN

Thanks for the feedback!

I will definately take this into consideration in the future!