Thread: My first Map

Map My first Map

Hey guys,

Just finished my first map ever

I drew it for a game of Pathfinder, which I'm playing with a few friends of mine.

Comnpared to most of your pieces around here it is not very spectacular, but since I'm usually not an artist at all, i'm still kinda happy with it.

Please let me know what you think and definitly share your Ideas, so I can improve and add more detail.

Best regards
    Sally

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171004_163340.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	99783

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Welcome to the guild, Sally! Everyone here is nice, except when it comes to rivers; hell hath no fury like a cartographer seeing a river that splits where it doesn't have to!

Your map is simple, but it's a starting point! A great way to improve is to try new things and ways to draw, so perhaps you could eventually attempt a re-imagining of this region in a different style, or add more detail, or decorations. There are some truly astounding artists here that can serve as great inspiration.

One thing I'd take a look at is the roads, which from a quick look seem easy to confuse with coastlines. Perhaps using a different sort of representation, like dots or intermittent lines, could help differentiate them.

Great first map! I'd love to know more about the region. Do the swords mark where battles have happened?

Default Thanks for the Feedback

Thanks for the Feedback, this Community is so nice
    The map shows a little County called Avicci. Altough usally pretty peaceful and calm, lately the lovely countryside around Altberg was devestated by a Rebellion, which the southern parts started. The swords mark the military camp, which the Counts General set up, to fight the rising resistance.

Thus far the basic backstory of these lands.

Over the past few days i've been looking around the forums a bit and I must say, I'm amazed

Also i've improved a bit!

Cheers

The second one turned out much better in my opinion. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171006_115250.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	99832

Quote Originally Posted by Sally the Barbarian View Post
    The second one turned out much better in my opinion. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171006_115250.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	99832
    Great progress!