Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: October 2017 Challenge: Juando, The Dragon Island

Great work GLS!

Guild Expert

Looks great GLS, I really like where you're going with this.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Well, I got a little distracted by Halloween, but otherwise managed to get some time to finish my map up. Some bits could have been better, like I didn't get around to the doing coastal waves properly, unfortunately. Overall maybe not quite how I envisaged when I started out, particularly with the border and the insets, but I think I'm happy with it. Not sure, too tired to tell.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Juan Do, The Dragon Isle.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	4.21 MB 
ID:	100723

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions along the way, even if I wasn't too active on the thread. Particularly, thanks for the suggestion for the nostril smoke, Warlin, didn't even cross my mind, but a great addition.

Also, here's the words explained:
    Dragon - the Great Dragon island of Juan Do, and of course the babies
    Cave - the cave of light. The fiery mouth of the great Dragon Juan. Home to the dragon eggs.
    Port - Port Juan. Where the adventurers first land of Juan Do, the only proper access to the land where they aren't completely torn up by waves and hidden rocks.
    Children (Child) - The eggs of the Great Dragon. The adventurers must steal one of these to succeed in their quest. According to rumour, taking an egg will awaken the dragon, but perhaps this is just a rumour...?
    Loneliness (Alone) - The Path of Loneliness. A craggy, fragile ledge along the southern neck of Juan Do. Due to it's fragility, the pits of lava and some magic field, it seems only one soul can traverse this path at a time. A tricky conundrum when trying to get a dragon egg back through...
    Last edited by Greg; 10-31-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Oh that's brilliant, Greg!

She's even protecting her eggs in her mouth.

I love it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123