Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Private Commission - Modern Battle Maps

Map Private Commission - Modern Battle Maps

Hi everyone,

About a year ago I was approached to do a series of battle maps for a private, Chuthulu'esque campaign. I completed two of these maps and had a third in the works, but appear to have lost contact with my client. Full disclosure, this may in part be my fault, as I was not able to complete the project by the scheduled deadline due to several life transitions (some of which were unforeseen) that happened around the time of the commission. So I don't hold my client to blame. If anything, I feel very bad for not fulfilling my end of the agreement. Though I am generally quite good about deadlines, this time around I was not able to deliver on time. At any rate, I debated as to whether or not to post these, given the circumstances, but decided that enough time has passed without any communication to conclude that this project has ended. Without further ado, here are the U.S. Senate and Jefferson Memorial battle maps.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.Jefferson Memorial Finished Small.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	4.76 MB 
ID:	100177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U.S. Senate Floor Plans Final Grid Small.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	6.77 MB 
ID:	100178  

Sorry it ended up like this.
    Maps are very beautiful. I really like all of your maps, they are so well drawn.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

The first one is great! The second one is good too, I'm a bit distracted by that blue floor, though.

Too bad, I'm certain the client would have loved this. The first one is especially good, so much depth to it, incredible! The trees are the highlight. Reminds me a lot of J Edward's style, did you take inspiration from him?
    Great job on both maps, the cartoony-ish style works really well.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Yeey! An Arsheesh map again! They look great. The first one is really well done. The shading helps understand the structure of the building, so you've done a great job there. I actually like the blue floor in the second map very much. Don't know why, but it gives a certain vibe to the map that I find very fitting.

Nice work Arsheesh, like the others said, the Jefferson is really good.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks really good Arsheesh, the senate map actually explains a lot to me, no wonder nothing really gets done there with that distracting carpet LOL
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Sorry it ended up like this.
    Maps are very beautiful. I really like all of your maps, they are so well drawn.
    Thank you Voolf, I feel the same about your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    The first one is great! The second one is good too, I'm a bit distracted by that blue floor, though.
    Yes, I can see why you would say that. However I was attempting to keep the color schemes somewhat true to life, as you can see from the image below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	us_senate_chamber.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	100264

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Too bad, I'm certain the client would have loved this. The first one is especially good, so much depth to it, incredible! The trees are the highlight. Reminds me a lot of J Edward's style, did you take inspiration from him?
    Great job on both maps, the cartoony-ish style works really well.
    Thank you Josiah VE. I have taken inspiration from J.'s work quite often in the past. On this occasion however the trees were based on my own cartoonish interpretation of actual trees. The only reference I used for them were real trees.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Yeey! An Arsheesh map again! They look great. The first one is really well done. The shading helps understand the structure of the building, so you've done a great job there. I actually like the blue floor in the second map very much. Don't know why, but it gives a certain vibe to the map that I find very fitting.
    Thank you Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Nice work Arsheesh, like the others said, the Jefferson is really good.
    Glad you like it Bogie.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Looks really good Arsheesh, the senate map actually explains a lot to me, no wonder nothing really gets done there with that distracting carpet LOL
    Ha, ha. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, especially these days

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hold on! Do mine eyes deceive me? Is that Arsheesh back on the forums? I haven't seen you posting here for a long time.

Great maps. I really like the soft shading and lighting on the grass around the Jefferson monument and in the water. Shame you lost contact with the client, but you at least have some great maps out of it.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Wow that Jefferson Memorial map is really great. As is the senate map, despite the distracting carpet

Also I too am glad to see you back posting, the forum missed you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast