Quote Originally Posted by Ndshacker View Post
PhotoShop (3),
Does that mean version 3? Or CS3? If the former, I'm not sure how many of the Photoshop tutorials you'll be able to follow. Photoshop's changed a lot since then. (Will that even run under Windows XP?)

If it's CS3, I'd start with the Zombie Nirvana tutorials that can be found on Youtube. Or follow RobA's regional map tutorial for the Gimp. If you need a random world map, that's a job for Fractal Terrains. Look for the tutorial entitled "There and Back Again" by Waldronate--the first part of the that one gives some invaluable guidance on using FT.

We actually don't have a whole lot of material for Dundjinni--they've got a superb user forum of their own at dundjinni.com Even those of us who don't use that software swing by there occasionally for their excellent free user-made objects.

I'm quite certain there are at least a couple of threads about Terragen, too, but nothing pops into my head immediately.

As for Autorealm... I suppose it has its place, but in my opinion, it's worth exactly what you paid for it. Though someone did come by and post some rather impressive Autorealm maps recently, so maybe I didn't give it a fair shake when I tried it.