Thread: Fort Colwater (Mapvember Challenge)

Default Fort Colwater (Mapvember Challenge)

Finished this as part of Mapvember. First time using Copic colored sketch markers. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks, and enjoy! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dvf5Bz6.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	101052

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

This is lovely!

It is already in such a good shape. Well done.

Can I ask a few questions?

The texture you used for this is really nice, is it a custom texture or where did you find it?

And I take it this map was drawn by pencil? If so, did you use multiply and color below, or how did you color it?
    Last edited by XCali; 11-12-2017 at 08:28 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

I used pencil/marker/copic sketch markers for the entire thing. Nothing digital. It's on bristol board.

Nice job, Redleg. I really like this "old school" style. I would just add some details lines for the walls, maybe.
    Does the chain is raised?

Very nice indeed Redleg! I like everything! I have maximum respect for "old school" pencils and paper, I often do myself, expecially when I was in late for a rpg session.

Few personal feedbacks:
    -The roof color: a classic red, a darker grey or the same dark brown you used for the cliffs will do better.
    -The labels: if you position the name of the fort over the river, someone may think that is the river name Next time try positioning the names differently, you have a nice calligraphy!
    -Next time, if you want, remember that you also have the "white" of the paper among the color, it's tricky, but you can obtain some nice light effect, or perhaps just more color variation.

Other than that I can only say keep coloring! I want to see more!

Great work on this. I've not used Copic markers myself (something I've been meaning to try for a while now), so I can't offer any real feedback in that regard. But the blending looks pretty good to my eye.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Gorgeous work! I love it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"