Thread: Hello Everyone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wilduck View Post
    Thanks guys. Before I loose my newness here, I'm going to ask a quick question (It'd be great if someone could tell me where a question like this would belong in the future as well).

The mapping I'm planning on doing is for tabletop games, and so a lot of the maps need to have a 1"x1" grid on them. I've looked around a bit but haven't seen a tutorial or explanation of how to easily do this with gimp. If such a tutorial exists, could someone point me to it? Thanks so much.

Edit: I know that I would put this grid in a separate layer, organizing the rest of my layers so it shows through in the correct places and whatnot, I just don't know how to draw the grid, and make sure that it would be 1"x1".
    Note sure what version you are on, but on mine (2.6.x), Add a new Transparent layer. Then Filters->Render->Pattern->Grid
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Note sure what version you are on, but on mine (2.6.x), Add a new Transparent layer. Then Filters->Render->Pattern->Grid
    Aha!

Well that's easy. Thank you!