Thread: New World Map

Guild Applicant

Default New World Map

Howdie.
    Ive been lurking on an off for several years and I figured I might as well post some of my own junk.
    This is Zerth. It took way too much time. 90,000 hours in photoshop.
    Anyway, its the setting for the novel I just published. If anyone is interested, the link is below.
    Tell me what ya think!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/0692969640
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zerth.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	8.20 MB 
ID:	101345

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow, 90,000 hours? That's 10 years. I think you win the award for longest to complete a map.

But it looks great. The only thing I'm not sold on are your rivers over in Bahara.

Nice looking map. Congrats on completing it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Nice work on the map and congrats on publishing your novel!

I think my main critique would be on the large white-ish coloured labels on the maps. Despite their fairly massive size, they're not actually that easy to read. In some places, there isn't enough contrast against the background. They also overlap other elements, and it's generally best to try to avoid that if you can (though often that's difficult or impossible). I feel your labels could have the same or even more impact if they were much smaller and in a contrasting colour. If it were me, I'd use small caps with a little spacing between the letters, and put the text on a curve. Obviously your tastes will be different, but something like than can indicate a large area on the map without dominating everything around it. Just a thought, anyway.

I'm really impressed by the amount of time you've put into this. Good luck with your book!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"