Thread: Need help for plateau

Default Need help for plateau

Je suis en train de réaliser ma première carte pour un JdR n'ayant pas d'univers propre, j'utilise actuellement gimp et des brosses donnant un style dessiné à la main. Je ne sais pas comment représenter les plateaux et les plaines d'altitude, il faudrait une série de brosses représentant les falaises délimitant le plateau mais je n'arrive pas à en trouver...

I am doing my first map for a RPG, I use Gimp and brushes (for an hand-drawn style) but I don't know how to represent plateau. I think I need different brushes to represent cliffs around the plateau but I failed to find ones...

Can you post a picture of your map, or a crop of it if you don't want to post the whole thing, so people can see the style and offer more help toward what you're looking for?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I'm just at the beggining of my map. I have only drawn coasts and put different colors for mountains and climates to create a quite realistic map. After this work, I wil use brushes for forest, mountains, swamps.... and plateau
    Some exemples of brushes I like and I will probably use :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ex.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	101750
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ex2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	101751

Ok, if I'm guessing what direction you're aiming for... you might do better searching for isometric cliffs rather than plateaus. but if you still can't find any ready-made brushes, you could try drawing them by hand. Here's a little tutorial that torstan did for that... https://torstan.deviantart.com/art/H...iffs-293744777
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Haven't seen any convincing plateau brushes. Brushes are not the right tool for that kind of things.
    Paths might work better. For example, in Illustrator, I did railroad tracks using paths.
    You draw the line where you want and the program fill the path with the design selected.
    Even paths can be clunky, it doesn't work well with everything.

Most people draw their plateau by hand. It need to get used to it, but it's not so bad.