Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New here with a Map Ive been working on!

So it's about the size of Earth? Is this the whole planet? If so, bear in mind that Val is almost on the south pole! Also, when projected onto a globe the extremes to north and south will be very distorted. Get GProjector from NASA- it will let you load your map and look at it in orthographic projection to see what I'm talking about. Well, that's assuming that this map is in equirectangular projection, which is generally recommended since that's what most software can take as input. Have you found the Wikipedia article on map projections?

I see that you're going for a parchment look, in which case the text still looks too computer-generated. (I haven't an artistic bone in my body- my thing is the worldbuilding part- so take this with a grain of salt.) I understand that this is a WIP, though.

I almost liked your first mountains better, frankly. The were sharp and obviously mountains. What you have now looks like hills, or maybe an old range like the Urals or Appalachians.

Looks good. Is there any way you could make the mountains less blurred, just so they stand out a bit more?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12