Thread: Dungeons and Dragons Custom City map needed

Map Dungeons and Dragons Custom City map needed

Introduction/background:
    I have been visiting the guild since I got involved in D&D almost a year ago, but I only recently joined so I could make a request for a custom City map for a city I have designed and created for a new campaign. I would attempt to create the map myself, but I am not artistically inclined, and I want something truly spectacular which is why I am here.

Project Scope:
    A custom city map for a Dungeons and Dragons RP Campaign.

Description of Map:
    Aldengard is an ancient city built 5000 years ago when the Dwarfs and Elves of the region came together and combined forces to create a city that combined the engineering and stonework of the Dwarves and the elemental and nature magic of the elves to make an extremely prosperous city.
    The city is divided into Districts and Rings. 4 Districts each specializing in production of certain goods or services. And Each ring is the general location of things throughout the city with the Castle in the center. I have concepts of this drawn up and can provide it upon request.

Scale:
    The Scale of the map is something I would need help determining. I am not sure the actual diameter of Aldengard but I am open to suggestions. I would like the final map to be rather large though. Able to be printed on a sheet that is 2 feet by 3 feet.

Format: Jpeg, Tiff, or EPS. I leave it to your expertise on which format to use. Basically, whichever one retains the highest image quality upon saving.

Number of Maps and Style: One grayscale version with gridlines and one without. I have a reference of a map that I found here on the Guild site that well matches the style I envision. I can provide that upon request. The Map would also need a building key that included main points of interest.

Copyright: Remains with cartographer These maps will not be published or reproduced for commercial gain by me. Thusly they will be for my personal use only. However, I do require written permission to reproduce the maps as needed for my personal use. Also, I would like permission to add in a name and building key as needed.

Deadline: I would like the finished map by January 1st, 2018 if possible.

Design Process:
    Stage 1 – initial concept sketch – once approved
    Stage 2 – A 50% design development submittal for review – once approved
    Stage 3 – A 90% design development submittal for review – once approved
    Stage 4 – Final Maps

Payment: I am willing to negotiate the total cost of the maps and will pay via PayPal once the final files have been accepted and received.

Because I am new I cannot use the guild messenger yet. Please Contact me at my email address. Griggsa127-at-gmail.com (please remove the “-“and replace “at” with “@”)
    Last edited by LordHaphestus; 11-28-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

Population Size ?
    Post the Concept picture..

Do you want a Densely Populated City or a Widely open City with a Lot of "green space"
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

Quote Originally Posted by jpstod View Post
    Population Size ?
    Post the Concept picture..

Do you want a Densely Populated City or a Widely open City with a Lot of "green space"
    Population size of like 50,000
    Densely populated by a multitude of races. A cultural and racial melting pot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171127_154322.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	101757

Is realism a concern? Because having about 1/4 of the city covered in markets doesn't make much sense.
    It would be much smaller and spread out so people can access markets without having to go too far.

Yeah I can see where that would maybe not be super realistic. When we came up with it we decided it was a huge trading hub so lots of market space made sense. I'd happily take suggestions on how to change it to make it more realistic.

Default Project Taken!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your comments, questions, and inquiries.

The Project has been taken on and I couldn't be more excited!

Thanks again to everyone who showed an interest in the project!