Thread: Old school gamer and mapper trying to join the digital world

Default Old school gamer and mapper trying to join the digital world

Hello, My name is Shane and I have been writing stories, drawing maps, and participating in role playing games both as a player and (more frequently) as a Game Master for longer than some of you have been alive. Am working on game ideas and book ideas simultaneously. While I still enjoy drawing maps by hand, this busy world we know live in does not allow me the luxury of that much anymore. So I am looking for tips and tutorials on ways to speed that process up. Unfortunately I am a bit of a Trog and don't do drawing software very well. I have purchased a few things from the Campaign Cartographer suite of programs but honestly it is hard to figure out.

That is why I joined this site, to help learn how to make the cool maps for my game and for my books. Thank you all in advance for both support and understand as this geezer gamer tries to catch up!

Hi Shane and welcome. There are quite a number of Campaign Cartographer users (Mouse is a prominent one) so if you need help figuring something out, just start a thread and ask your questions, and I'm sure someone will be able to help. Or stick with hand-drawing and maybe some digital touch-ups? Hand-drawn maps are always popular round these parts, so you're welcome to share any older work you have with us.

If you need help finding your away around, just holler.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"