Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New World

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map The New World

This map was a commission for author Stephen Klopfenstein for his upcoming novel.

© Stephen Klopfenstein 2017

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_new_world_complete__upload_by_stratomunchkin-dbvirix.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	101930

I don't know what it is about B&W maps, but every once in a while I really prefer doing them above everything else.

Very nice map!

The only thing I would say is that the line for The Great Spillway seems to be a bit darker than all the other lines and stands out on the map. Not sure if that is intentional or not.

Ah, this is lovely. I just repped your other map, so I can't rep again, but consider the rep to be for both.

Everything's beautifully clear and legible, mountains and forests are gorgeous, and I really like the wave effect in the sea. Adds a nice bit of texture without dominating. Very well done.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Very nice map!

The only thing I would say is that the line for The Great Spillway seems to be a bit darker than all the other lines and stands out on the map. Not sure if that is intentional or not.
    Heh, truth be told the river layer used to be pitch black and I only lowered the opacity there on request of the client. Usually my rivers in these kinds of maps are pure black.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Ah, this is lovely. I just repped your other map, so I can't rep again, but consider the rep to be for both.

Everything's beautifully clear and legible, mountains and forests are gorgeous, and I really like the wave effect in the sea. Adds a nice bit of texture without dominating. Very well done.
    Thank you, Chick. I added a few new touches for this map that I hadn't used in B&W maps before, like some subtle shading around the shores and for the mountains. I'm glad you like the sea texture, but if I had to do it again I'd probably shrink it by 50% to get finer lines.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Your B&W maps are always a treat, Wired, and this one is no exception. Side note: I'm reading The Crimson Queen, and enjoying referencing your map in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Your B&W maps are always a treat, Wired, and this one is no exception. Side note: I'm reading The Crimson Queen, and enjoying referencing your map in that.
    Thank you very much, Diamond! And that reminds me of the fact that The Crimson Queen is still sitting on my desk... (I have a terrible reading backlog. ).

Another excellent map! I'm with Diamond here, you really have a knack for B&W maps.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Lovely map!
    Thank you, Francesca.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Another excellent map! I'm with Diamond here, you really have a knack for B&W maps.
    Thanks, Ilanthar.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Very nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast