Thread: Help with water texture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

how about something like this?

Filter -> Render -> Clouds (black and white as foreground and background color)

Filter -> Noise -> Median 10 pixels

Filter -> Render -> Lighting 5 omni's, each in a corner, one in the center with settings: Intensity 6, Gloss -100, Material 100, Exposure 0, Ambience 10, Texture Channel Red, White is high, and slider all the way to mountainous.

Duplicate the layer, set one at screen and one at multiply at about 30 opacity. And add a outer glow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	9370  

Blog Entries

I thought that your deep water looked fine but its the land sea interface thats a bit out. It looks like the land sits on top floating over the water. If you have a height map of the terrain then you can do some texturing based on the depth of the water. Otherwise a thin line of beaches, rocks or cliffs and some undersea aqua colored tints to bring out the sandy floor is about all you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I thought that your deep water looked fine but its the land sea interface thats a bit out. It looks like the land sits on top floating over the water. If you have a height map of the terrain then you can do some texturing based on the depth of the water. Otherwise a thin line of beaches, rocks or cliffs and some undersea aqua colored tints to bring out the sandy floor is about all you can do.
    I only have height maps of the mountains and hills. However, I could make one for the sea. Any thoughts on how best to overlay that so it looks natural?