Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rainbow Lake Commission

Arsheesh, this is absolutely beautiful! Purple is my favorite color, so seeing how well it blends in with this map is fantastic! I love the color combinations, and it looks like a story book art work to me. I especially LOVE the border you created for it!!! It's gorgeous! I would rep this, but apparently you have too many beautiful maps!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Gorgeous work Arsheesh!

I missed out on most of WIP thread, but I wasn't expecting that purple, it works surprisingly well. Also, checking out this vs the last image of the WIP thread, really goes to show the wonders of adding highlights and shadows as this as such a great depth and warmth to it.
    Thanks Greg! I decided to go with purple as a complimentary color since one of the features requested by my client was purple Irises and that got me thinking that I hadn't really experimented much with purple in my work before. Yes, the highlights and shadows did make a big difference, but I did also adjust the saturation of the piece as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I saw the WIP, but you were too fast for me! LOL!

Excellent result
    Thank you Mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Excellent illustration. I like the color and shadow effect on your trees. The color gradient on the river and the sky is nice as well.
    Thank you Warlin!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Oh man, it turned out fantastic!! Good call on making the purple components more of a gradient, too. That turned out nicely.
    Thank you Diamond! I don't know how well this comes across, but I was trying to make the border look as if light were hitting it in different places. Again, not sure I managed to make that come across, but in any case it does break up those solid colors a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    This turned out amazing Arsheesh (: The client must be very happy! And you turned it around rather quickly too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Very beautiful illustration arsheesh. Bravo. I am speachless.
    Thank you Voolf, I often feel the same way about your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great work, Arsheesh! Line art, shading, colors... everything is perfectly done! I Particularly like the frame and all its elements, I must say.
    Thank you Ilanthar! I'm not naturally good at things like frames so I had to spend some time up front really planning this out. But I'm happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Holy smokes! This is awesome!
    The style is wonderful, exactly the kind of map I would want to get if I was getting a map of a cottage.
    The illustrations are also a perfect touch.
    Thank you Josiah, I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    They sit on the water?

Great map!
    Ha, yeah looking at it now I wonder if I should have added shadows below them or something... dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    Arsheesh, this is absolutely beautiful! Purple is my favorite color, so seeing how well it blends in with this map is fantastic! I love the color combinations, and it looks like a story book art work to me. I especially LOVE the border you created for it!!! It's gorgeous! I would rep this, but apparently you have too many beautiful maps!
    Thank you very much ladiestorm, your kind words and feedback are reward enough.

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful feedback on this piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

The purple really sells the fairytale vibe and the highlights you added both to the purple and green vines really makes the border shine. Your artwork is, as always, breathtaking. Thanks for sharing another gem with us.

Lovely map. I'm envious of your drawing skills!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I bet they love this. Great job, I'm sure it brings them memories every time they look at it and bonus it looks awesome!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The purple really sells the fairytale vibe and the highlights you added both to the purple and green vines really makes the border shine. Your artwork is, as always, breathtaking. Thanks for sharing another gem with us.
    Thank you Thomas, that is very kind of you to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Lovely map. I'm envious of your drawing skills!
    Thank you ChickPea. I still have much to learn, but I thank you for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I bet they love this. Great job, I'm sure it brings them memories every time they look at it and bonus it looks awesome!
    Thank you Jax. I certainly hope so as well.

Thanks again everyone for all the great feedback on this piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12