Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The City of Aes (Commission)

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Nice and clean looking map, well done! I love the neatness of the lineart, and the border fits the atmosphere well. The colors are a bit meh for my taste, but a great map nonetheless.
    Thanks, Kelleri! Yeah, they are a little more golden than I typically would go for, but it's what was asked for!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Great map, Greg

I love the layout and the detail, and its very well drawn.

If there was one tiny thing I would nitpick, I do find the shadows are just a tiny bit blotchy.

(Maybe my own shadows are always a bit too flat in tone and/or sharp edged? )

I would rep you, but I did that too recently on your Mapvember thread!
    Thanks, Mouse! Yeah, I had a little play with the shadows, but ended up preferring the slightly rougher look to them, perhaps they could be a little more refined, but I think I'm still happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    This map is stellar. Fantastic work. I agree with Diamond, this is what I imagine when I think city maps, and is definitely going in the inspiration folder for me too.
    Cheers, Falconius!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Fantastic work on this, Greg ! The shading is very well done, including this nice effect for the shadows over the waters. I love the details, the color choices, the layout... the frame is also very efficient.
    Thanks, Ilanthar!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is gorgeous! My new favourite map by you. Absolutely fantastic.
    Thanks, ChickPea, I'm pleased you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentCartographer View Post
    That looks so awesome. The different areas look so distinct, there doesn't seem to be any two building alike either.
    Thanks, SC!

Are you able to provide any information about the product it's for? The map is amazing - maybe the place it details will be, too.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deaddmwalking View Post
    Are you able to provide any information about the product it's for? The map is amazing - maybe the place it details will be, too.
    Thanks ddmw! It was made for someone's private campaign with the possibility of being published at some point, though since it's just a possibility, I don't know any real details about that. Otherwise, the city itself was intended for a mostly human race, and a lot of it's design is centred around it port and trading opportunities.

Beautiful map! The city layout is so interesting and believable, and the great choice of colors. A lot of hard work, but the result is awesome!

Very nicely presented Greg. You should be very pleased with this

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123