Thread: Fishers' Cove - RPG Commission

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Derek Von Zarovich's Avatar

Map Fishers' Cove - RPG Commission

This is Fishers' Cove a small settlement in the northern shores, rich with fish and salt but still a poor and small settlement. The document includes some background lore about the original settlers and general information of the town. There is also the description of 6 important NPCs in town and some of their goals and motivations. There are some adventure hooks at the end to get this pretty place rolling. This map was a commission for an RPG release on the DMs Guild. Here's some background information about the town:

Fishers’ Cove is a small town/hamlet on the northern rocky shores. I was originally settled by several fishing families near a naturally occurring cove. The cold sea water are rich with different varieties of edible fish and shellfish. Over the last few years, other common folk families have moved to Fishers’ Cove to make a quite life. The place is geographically secluded from the county by hills and some mountains to the west and south. The people in town are kind but dull, life is calm and boring in this part of the world.

Once a month the small settlement is bound to pay a tithe to the local count. They always pay in fish and salt since there is not much developed farm land in Fishers’ Cove. Captain Guillaume comes once a month with some guards and carts to retrieve the tithe. In exchange, the settlement is under the protection of the county’s small force. Fulan Patrikov, the oldest man in town and one of the original settlers is not happy with the current arrangement. He is trying to find a way to cut ties with the county and establish their own independent state.

When Fishers’ Cove was 3 years old and some other families moved in, the Chapel of Saint Rudimer sent a priest to preach the words of their lord. The lack of religious competition and the natural seclusion of the town played important roles in establishing the religion among most of the settlers. Father Diaconus Ryf has been preaching in Fishers’ Cove for the last 10 years. He disagrees with the idea of being an independent state. The current ties to the county mean that more settlers will come over time, trusting they will still be part of a well protected region. This is important for the church; with time, Father Diaconus wishes to start the construction of a well supplied church and school for fishermen’s children.

Fishers’ Cove

Region: Rocky Shores
    Size: Hamlet
    Population: Permanent 105 (95% humans, 3% elves, 2% mixed)
    Religion: Chapel of Saint Rudimer
    Main exports: Fish and sea salt.
    Government type: Local Council pledged to the county.
    Ruler: 4 Council members.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	134 Fishers' Cove-L.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	102153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	134 promo.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	569.8 KB 
ID:	102154  
    I'm the owner of www.elventower.com, I spend my time writing DM tips and guides for my website and drawing all kinds of maps to share them online.

I also crowdsource my work here www.patreon.com/elventower

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I think the thicker hill contour lines are a little too big compared to the others and I think I'd like to see a tad more shading on the hillsides, but otherwise it's a nice, simple and clear map, Derek!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Derek Von Zarovich's Avatar

thanks for the feedback
    I'm the owner of www.elventower.com, I spend my time writing DM tips and guides for my website and drawing all kinds of maps to share them online.

I also crowdsource my work here www.patreon.com/elventower

Nice map, Derek! I like the coastline.
    I have to agree with what Greg said about the hill. Great work!