Thread: Reith: A Core World of Colara

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Default Reith: A Core World of Colara

Hey there everyone, so after three years I am finally ready to show my very first ever completed map!!!!!!! Because I am slow and this does not come easily to me. But I finally did it! I am so very proud of myself. Whoo hoo. So here she is. I'm sure there are things i could have done better or techniques that are better i could have used, but I am still very much a novice. All constructive criticism welcome, but please be kind you guys. So without further ado, deep breath, what do you guys think?

This map is for one of the core worlds for my book series. It features a walled off part of the universe by magic and technology where the people fled in order to keep from being hunted to extinction. The System centers around the main planet of Colara with the four core planets connected to it by space and portals. There are 12 other planets which are connected to these as well and then 59 smaller worlds connected to those. This is a technologically advanced race who also use magic. The 50 main noble houses and their minor branches own all land on the worlds even though they mostly live in their floating or submerged cities. While the vast majority of the regular or peasant population live in towns and cities on the land run by Intermediary Officials and the military. There is no greater resource in the Colaran system than those with mage talent. They are sought after, hunted, and prized more than any other resource in existence. Magic can give you everything you want, but if you have it, everything you are and everything you have can also be taken away.

(Is that the kind of description you guys are looking for?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reith flattened.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	102184  
    Last edited by freja82; 12-11-2017 at 05:20 PM.